Wednesday, June 10, 2009

How Much Is That Doggie on the Side of the Road?

Every day on my way home, there's this person dressed up like a dog standing on the corner of Butterfield and Naperville Rds. advertising for Petland. He usually holds a sign for a "puppy sale" and jumps about frantically in extremely repetitive motions ... kind of like the puppies he's trying to sell.

For some reason this cracks me up every time I drive by. Usually I get stuck at the light, so I get ample time to stare and laugh.

Today when I pulled up to the light, I noticed some additions to the usual costume. The dog had acquired a bath towel, brush, and shower cap (covering only the top of one of his ears. A lot of good that's going to do!) all to advertise for "Grooming Appointments." So I took a picture:

No comments: